Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Personal Fitness Wednesday, September 7th, 2011

          Hey its jake again, i just wanted to talk about a quick yet gut-busting workout i did yesterday in my personal fitness class. The workout was called burp-me, named after one simple exersise called a burpee. A burpee consists of a squat a push-up and a jump with a clap over head in an almost similtaneous action.
          Before the workout though we did a warm-up. the warm-up was to do 3 rounds  of 25 body squats, 25 situps, and 25 jumping jacks. After all three rounds we bagan our W.O.D. or workout of the day.
          Burp-me is done by completeing one burpee on the first minute then two on the second and three on the third and so and so on. Well at the beggining we are asked set a goal of how many we would do in that alloted time. My goal was for 10 the first time i did this workout, i only made it to 8. The second time i attempted this workout I set my goal at 10 again and made it to 9 burpees in one minute. This shows improvement which is one of my long term goals by bieng in this class.
          I continue to make more posts about all the workouts i attempt and conqure. -Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment