Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mountain Biking and Spring Sports

So my goal for this spring is to get back into mountain biking and spring tennis. I went out mountain biking  twice already and frankly I sucked hardcore. I went over to Rayburn, a trail network of single track mountain biking trails. It had changed a lot. There were fallen trails everywhere, and new trail loops all over. I struggled with climbs that i had mastered last summer. The drops and rock bridges that i once went out of my way to go over where now an absolute challenge. Although i had struggled with some stuff i also instinctively could do some of the other features that i mastered in previous seasons. There is this one trail with three or four old fallen trees, and instead of cutting them up and moving them from the trail, people had stacked up logs and rocks to make it able to trek right up and over the massive logs in the middle of the trail. I had fun. My dad i went out for around an hour or so. I'm gonna go out again on Saturday with my friend James.

The Boy's Tennis team at our school started a few days ago, and i still have to sign up, but i am looking forward to getting back into that too. I enjoy the awesome workouts and conditioning that we have to do to build strength up for matches. Im not very good at tennis but i can manage, so i hope to get better this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment