Wednesday, May 23, 2012

So today being my last day of my independent study class i find my self looking back on my improvement throughout the school year, in and out of class. In the 4 years at Grafton High School i have never had such improvement through well being and fitness as my senior year. I went from working out for recreation to exercising and eating to benefit my self as a whole. I run more, i lift more, and i have noticeably ate much better too.

When i ate, i thought generously about how much i was eating and when i was doing so. I began eating more healthy plates, and when i did some research on diets i found that with the right diet and exercise for me was the paleo diet which i had attempted shortly as an underclassmen. The paleo diet is bassiacally only the things that people from the paleolithic periods would eat. So that means no dairy, no sugar, no processed foods, and all meat, meat, vegetables, and more meat. Along with nuts and fruit for snacks everyday my diet changed drastically. I got chronic headaches for a week, and fealt a constant lack of energy and focus, and then a week later i fealt better than i did before i started.

My main goal for the school year was to simply get in shape and get into healthy habits in life. I didn't want to get stronger or thinner, i just wanted to see where getting fit would take me. In total this year I've dropped 40lbs, and have gained much muscle mass. I broke previous held records of mine, and felt great doing so. I feel that i have had a pretty decent year, and i am really looking forward to my progress in the next few years as i continue to learn and grow while continuing to eat well and exercise everyday!

1 comment:

  1. Jake-just wanted to say how proud I am of your achievements. You have come so far and I'm glad you've enjoyed the process. Please keep in touch and continue the healthy lifestyle you've now found.

    ReplyDelete